- Won a $400,000 jury verdict in state court on a male police officer’s claim of sexual harassment.
- Won a $90,000 jury verdict in federal court on a former police officer’s whistleblower claim. Verdict and $41,278 in pre-judgment interest award upheld by the First Circuit Court of Appeals. Bennett v. City of Holyoke, 362 F.2d 1 (2004).
- Won a $100,000 jury verdict in punitive damages in state court on a city employee’s retaliation claim. Bain v. City of Springfield, 424 Mass. 758 (1997).
- Served as local counsel to a Massachusetts publicly traded company in connection with the extension of a $30,000,000 credit facility issued by a national banking institution.
- Served as Bank counsel in connection with a $14,000,000 construction loan to build a medical office building in Massachusetts.
- Served as counsel to a publicly traded Connecticut Bank in connection with the extension of a $5,000,000 loan to build a hotel in Connecticut.
- Represented the purchaser in connection with the acquisition of a large regional restaurant supply company.
- Represented a large multinational corporation in connection with a distribution agreement in Israel.
- Successfully challenged municipal foreclosure ordinances based on State law preemption. Easthampton Savings Bank v. City of Springfield, 470 Mass. 284 (2014).
- Won a $254,431 jury verdict in State court on a nurse’s claims of sexual harassment and retaliation. Verdict was upheld by the Appeals Court. Brown v. Cooley Dickinson Hospital, Inc., 2014 Mass. App. Unpub. LEXIS 824.
- Won a $780,000.00 jury verdict in State court on a claim of retaliation. Of the total verdict, $130,000.00 was compensatory damages and $650,000.00 was punitive damages. The court awarded attorney’s fees in the amount of $186,042.50.
2016 - Easthampton Savings Bank v. City of Springfield.pdf 2016 - Gary A. Bennett v. City of Holyoke.pdf 2016 - Robin Bain vs. City of Springfield.pdf